Are you like George Baily, unknowingly living a wonderful life?
Or are you more like Walter Mitty, life passing you by because of fear of living outside your comfort zone?
It has been over seven decades since the release of the American film; It’s a Wonderful Life. Watching this classic movie in black and white is a holiday tradition at the Potter house. I can’t help but shed a tear every time during that final scene when then the impact of George’s life plays out before him.
I believe the reason the film is one of my favorites is that it speaks to a deep desire of mine.(Besides the part where Bedford Falls is renamed Pottersville).
I want my life to count for something. I shudder to think that I’m wasting my life here on earth.
Like most therapists, I want to make a difference in people’s lives. So much of what we do as healers and helpers go unnoticed. Too many days go by when I sit back and wonder if I did anything of value.
For me, having a clear sense of my priorities and written goals helps me to stay on track with what’s important in life.
A life plan helps me to dream big and take risks like Walter Mitty eventually did to make them a reality.
The past couple of weeks I’ve been promoting Michael Hyatt’s 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever course. Michael’s format has helped me tremendously in processing the past before I move on to the future.
On his website , Hyatt refers to himself as “Your Online Mentor,” and he indeed has mentored me by improving my goal setting process.
On that point, I thought I would pay it forward by supporting you in ‘living a wonderful life’.
I’ve always had more success when I’ve set personal goals within a community of like-minded friends. There’s something about being better together that raises my performance.
And I’d love to invite you to a ‘better together’ group for 2018. Here’s what I’m proposing:
- If you purchased 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever, watch the videos and begin doing the homework in the workbook.
- If you didn’t enroll in the course, I suggest you purchase Michael Hyatt’s Living Forward book. Go to LivingForwardBook.com and claim your resources. The online toolkit will give you everything you need to create your life plan and goals for next year.
- I will be inviting you to join an exclusive community Best Year Ever Facebook Group with other therapists committed to helping each other.
- Click this link to join the Best Year Ever Facebook Group
- On Tuesday, January 16, I will be hosting a live webinar so we can check in with each other, encourage one another as we create goals for 2018.
- Once per quarter in 2018, I will host a live webinar when we can come together to update each other, adjust our goals and get motivated for the next quarter.
So if you’re feeling a little bit isolated and want some companionship to live out the life you want, I’m here to help you.
If you’re in and want to be together with other therapy entrepreneurs like you, then click on the link below:
Click here to join Best Year Ever Facebook Group with other therapy entrepreneurs and me.
I want to wish you happy holidays and that 2018 will be your best year ever towards living a wonderful life.
Let’s do this,
PS- For those of you interested in a private monthly mastermind group designed to provide more accountability and input, just email me at email@example.com and put Mastermind in the subject line. I’ll put you on the list and send you information.