What does in mean to be an entrepreuer in a medical practice? There is a new word circulating on the Internet that is gaining some traction and it might be what you want to be. Medpreneur.
The new medpreneurs are realizing that starting a business today can essentially be done with nothing more than a cell phone, Internet connection and a laptop.
If you have questions about how you might bootstrap your own practice startup then this interveiw with Dr. Joe Simon is for you. This episode is the second half of my interview with physical therapist and entrepreneur Dr. Joe Simon. We dig into some practical steps of starting a cash practice from his new book, The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur.
Dr. Joe Simon is a husband and father of two children. He’s been in private practice for over 15 years. He is an entrepreneur who is in perpetual pursuit of new opportunities in health and wellness.
- How diversify your practice to incorporate mutliple income streams
- How to form strategic partnerships with other providers
- Joe’s recommendations if you are bootstrapping your own start up practice
- How to find a practice location that cost you virtually nothing
- Dr. Simons Clinic Website, Manhattan Physical Therapy and Pain Center
- Private Practice Business Academy Website
- Private Practice Business Academy– Dr. Simon’s podcast
- Dr. Simon’s LinkIn page
- Joe’s New Book, The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur.
- Get 30+ Patients in Under 30 Day- Dr. Simon’s book on real world techniques to promote your practice
Action Steps to Take:
- Download Joe’s new book The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur, free while supplies last.
- Subscribe to Joe’s podcast Private Practice Business Academy
Thanks for the podcast reviews!
As therapists we have tremendous opportunity to use our abilites, education and expertise to enhance client’s lives. What a privilege? If your are in the therapy business to serve people, then my new book On Fire: Ignite Your Passion with a Cash Therapy Practice will help you.
On Fire takes a close look at innovative therapists who are using alternative ways to deliver high-value care to their patients. Cash therapy services have emerged as a viable alternative to accepting business as usual.
If you are intrigued by the attention that cash-based practices are attracting On Fire is a great primer to help you get up to speed on the key issues and how if might impact your practice. The book is available on Amazon. If you are interested in getting your own copy join my email list and I’ll keep you up to date on the special pre-order bonuses I’m giving away.
Please connect with me
- Read Paul Potter’s blog about, cash practice, at home practice, productivity, functional testing and keeping a work-life balance.
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes
- Follow me on my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter