Whether you are new grad or have owned your own practice for several years, most of us wish we had more business expertise. When I see the phenomenal platform growth of Michael Hyatt, Pat Flynn or Tony Robbins I feel like a chump when it comes to business growth.
Most therapists are not trained to be businesspeople. Most of what I learned about business was from my father who successfully operated a small business for over thirty years. I was blessed to have several wise business mentors when I started my practice.
I wonder if a MBA would have prevented some of the pitfalls and mistakes I made in building my private practice. Maybe you’re considering going back to school to earn your MBA before you open up your own practice. Well, before you do you might want to wait till you listen to this episode.
In this episode I have the privilege sit down with Dr. Joe Simon to talk about his new book, The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur and his journey to building a diversified business that has multiple income streams.
Dr. Joe Simon is a husband and father of two children. He’s been in private practice for over 15 years. He is an entrepreneur who is in perpetual pursuit of new opportunities in health and wellness.
- Dr. Simon’s rise from his private practice clinic Manhattan Physical Therapy and Pain Center to his successful Private Practice Business Academy
- Medpreneur– What is it?
- What changes have occurred in the healthcare economy that have led to the rise of the medpreneur.
- How to find your market niche–community, service, resource profit
- The lessons Joe learned from starting his wife’s cash-based medical practice
- How to develop multiple income streams for your practice
- Dr. Simons Clinic Website, Manhattan Physical Therapy and Pain Center
- Private Practice Business Academy Website
- Private Practice Business Academy– Dr. Simon’s podcast
- Dr. Simon’s LinkIn page
- Joe’s New Book, The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur.
- Get 30+ Patients in Under 30 Day- Dr. Simon’s book on real world techniques to promote your practice
Action Steps to Take:
- Download Joe’s new book The Private Practice MBA, The Rise of the Medpreneur, free while supplies last.
- Subscribe to Joe’s podcast Private Practice Business Academy
Thanks for the podcast reviews!
As therapists we have tremendous opportunity to use our abilites, education and expertise to enhance client’s lives. What a privilege? If your are in the therapy business to serve people, then my new book On Fire: Ignite Your Passion with a Cash Therapy Practice will help you.
On Fire takes a close look at innovative therapists who are using alternative ways to deliver high-value care to their patients. Cash therapy services have emerged as a viable alternative to accepting business as usual.
If you are intrigued by the attention that cash-based practices are attracting On Fire is a great primer to help you get up to speed on the key issues and how if might impact your practice. The book is available on Amazon. If you are interested in getting your own copy join my email list and I’ll keep you up to date on the special pre-order bonuses I’m giving away.
Please connect with me
- Read Paul Potter’s blog about, cash practice, at home practice, productivity, functional testing and keeping a work-life balance.
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes
- Follow me on my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter