Some of the “soon-to-be graduates” plan to get further training in a residency program. Others, although the minority, have private practice opportunities. Then there’s the majority who plan to practice in what they call “hospital practice.”
Therapy Students put a lot of sweat and tears into earning a professional degree. Many students invest tens of thousands if not a hundread thousand dollars for diploma. And that’s just the entry fee to purse their dream of a rewarding career of helping peopls.
During the interview Dr. Buenaventura explains:
- His personal experience of private practice startup
- The importance of not going it alone by developing a strong support network
- Researching your competition before choosing a practice location
- The business tools, resources and mentorships offered by the APTA’s Private Practice Secion
- APTA’S Private Practice Website
- PPS National Student Special Interest Group
- Dr. James Buenaventura Webpage
- Dr. Buenaventura’s email address email@example.com
- Aaron Walker’s Interview on mastermind groups
- The Mentors that Made You–You
- Be a part of the conversation by tracking some of the following Twitter hashtags: #cashpt, #BrandPT, #GetPT1st, #PhysioTalk
Action Steps to Take:
- Checkout the PPS resources for students. The student membership is a steal.
- Connect with new grads and seasoned private practice owners on Twitter.
- Discuss your practice idea with your family and friends
- Take a private practice owner out for coffee or lunch to discuss your practice pilot
Thanks for the podcast reviews!
I really appreciate seeing your written iTunes reviews. Reviews help other people find the podcast. If you like what you are hearing, please write your own review on iTunes or Stitcher.
As therapists we have tremendous opportunity to use our abilites, education and expertise to enhance client’s lives. What a privilege? If your are in the therapy business to serve people, then my new book On Fire: Ignite Your Passion with a Cash Therapy Practice will help you.
On Fire takes a close look at innovative therapists who are using alternative ways to deliver high-value care to their patients. Cash therapy services have emerged as a viable alternative to accepting business as usual.
If you are intrigued by the attention that cash-based practices are attracting On Fire is a great primer to help you get up to speed on the key issues and how if might impact your practice. The book is available on Amazon. If you are interested in getting your own copy join my email list and I’ll keep you up to date on the special pre-order bonuses I’m giving away.
Please connect with me
- Read Paul Potter’s blog about, cash practice, at home practice, productivity, functional testing and keeping a work-life balance.
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes
- Follow me on my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter