[powerpress]| Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe via RSS
Jeff Goins is a full-time writer who lives just outside of Nashville, Tennessee, with his wife, son, and border collie. On this episode I interview Jeff about helping you find your calling as a therapist. The path to your life’s work is both difficult and mysterious, which is why few finish the journey. Jeff’s latest book The Art of Work is about discovering your true calling—that thing you were born to do.
During our interview Jeff draws upon his personal relationship with two physical therapists to shed light on the mysteries of motivation and talent. Jeff shows readers how to find their vocation and what to expect along the way.
Jeff has authored three other books: The In-Between, Wrecked, and You Are a Writer. His website, Goinswriter.com, has been visited by more than four million people from all over the world.
In our interview Jeff walks us through the process of finding our calling in life. Jeff shares how to adopt a different mindset through the stories of people just like us who have married their passion with the needs of the world to live a life that matters.
The Art of Work was released on March 24, 2015 but for a limited time, you can order the book for free, and only pay for shipping and handling. When you take advantage of this offer, you will also receive bonuses worth $250.
- A downloadable PDF of the book so you can start reading today
- A video mini-course to help you find your calling
- A downloadable workbook with practical action steps to follow
- An exclusive community of people pursuing their life’s purpose
- Access to the author for community Q&A
There is an on-line course is also available with the book. For more information about this limited time offer, click here
NOTE: If you purchase the on-line course, I will get a commission from your purchase. I only recommend materials that I would use myself.
Listen to hear the story behind the book as Jeff talks about The Art of Work, and his own journey to find his calling. You will be challenged, encouraged, and enlightened.
In this episode, here’s what we cover:
- How finding your calling is different from finding your passion
- Listening to the events of your life can awaken your purpose
- Mentors are hard to come by “accidental apprenticeships” prepare you for what’s to come
- Your vocation is more than a job, it’s every aspect of your life. Jeff describes the importance of a portfolio life for today’s therapist.
- Physical therapist Ed Cathey’s story teaches that your calling is not just want you do but it’s the person you become and the legacy you leave.
Resources we discuss:
- Jeff’s Website goinswriter.com
- The Art of Work Website artofworkbook.com
- Get your own copy of Jeff’s Book- The Art of Work
Action Steps to Take:
- Make a list of the hardest obstacles in life that you’ve had to overcome. What was the mindset you had that allowed you to grow from them?
- When you look back and listen to your life is there a common theme you can identify?
- Who are the people in your life who showed up at just the right time? Make a list of friends right now who can encourage you.
- How can you be more intentional about sharing your calling with others? Who can help you, whom can you help?
It’s very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I
found this post at this site.
Hello! I’ve been following your weblog for a long time now and finally
got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx!
Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!