In this episode of the Functional Freedom Podcast, I’m pleased to welcome Steve Forbush, PT, PhD, OCS to the Functional Freedom Community. Dr. Forbush has over 30 years of experience as a physical therapist in a variety of clinical settings. Throughout his career Steve has been very active in the American Physical Therapy Association.
More specifically, in this episode you’ll learn about:
- Medicare severity/intensity payment system for outpatient therapy services
- The APTA’s proposed Physical Therapy Classification and Payment System
- The therapist’s mindset and skill set required to thrive in the new payment system
- Dr. Forbush’s advice on helping patients get better faster and get paid for it
- The importance of assessing and tracking your patient’s functional progress
- Practical suggestions on streamlining your functional outcome documentation
- Setting your patients up for success by your attitude and words
- The New Model of Care: Getting People Better
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- http://www.apta.org/APS/ The APTA’s proposed Physical Therapy Classification and Payment System
- http://www.ispinstitute.com/newsletters/ISPI_June_2013_newsletter.pdf ISPI Newsletter, Healthcare Reform: Are you ready?
- http://www.ispinstitute.com/continuingEducation.aspx Look for Dr. Forbush’s Seminars at International Spine and Pain Institute
- http://www.fotoinc.com Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes Inc. A great resource for functional outcome tools and statistical comparisons.