Too many therapists believe that if they just improve their clinical knowledge and skills they’ll be recognized based upon the merits of their work. Their thinking goes something like this, if
I work really hard and patients get better the rest will take care of itself. They think that their professional reputation and practice will grow as patients improve and begin telling their physicians and friends. Once they become good enough their professional career will take off and they’ll be in high demand.But that’s simply not reality anymore.
Whether you want to be happier at your present job, make a job change or take the leap into private practice you have to to make a name for yourself. To achieve success in today’s competitive market, it’s almost certain that you’ll need to develop your professional brand.
We live in a busy world where it is becoming increasingly difficult to stand out from all the other practioners in the healthcare industry. Whether it’s developing an expert niche or attracting your ideal clients having a clear professional brand is vital.
You don’t have to be a genius or a worldwide therapy guru to make an impact. Applying simple branding principles based upon cultivating relationships within your inner circle.
Fortunately, you don’t have to figure it out all on your own. My guest today is Jason Treu a leading expert on relationship building and building a powerful personal brand.
Jason’s bestselling book, Social Wealth, the how-to-guide on building personal and professional relationships, has sold more than 36,000 copies and has been #1 in four business and self-help categories. Jason has his law degree and masters in communications from Syracuse University. He lives in Dallas, Texas.
In this episode we cover:
- What is an irresistible personal brand and why is it so important to healthcare professionals?
- What are the common myths surrounding personal branding?
- The steps you can take today to build an effective personal brand.
- If a therapist has an idea for their own private practice what steps should they take before they put their shingle up and open the door?
- What can therapists can do to build their brand without alarming their employers?
- What are several personal branding resources would you recommend to help therapists get started?
Jason challenged all of us to step out of our comfort zone to grow as a professional and as a person.
Please share in the comment section the 3 simple steps you’ll take this week to get out of your comfort zone.
As therapists we have tremendous opportunity to use our abilites, education and expertise to enhance client’s lives. What a privilege? If your are in the therapy business to serve people, then my new book On Fire: Ignite Your Passion with a Cash Therapy Practice will help you.
On Fire takes a close look at innovative therapists who are using alternative ways to deliver high-value care to their patients. Cash therapy services have emerged as a viable alternative to accepting business as usual.
If you are intrigued by the attention that cash-based practices are attracting On Fire is a great primer to help you get up to speed on the key issues and how if might impact your practice. The book is available on Amazon. If you are interested in getting your own copy join my email list and I’ll keep you up to date on the special pre-order bonuses I’m giving away.
Please connect with me
- Read Paul Potter’s blog about, cash practice, at home practice, productivity, functional testing and keeping a work-life balance.
- Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes
- Follow me on my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter